July & August Calendar + Canva Q&A
I'm hoping to make up for being late on July by being early for August!
Many thanks to my wonderful assistant, Ms. Becky Jones for helping me organize this! I'll be introducing her to you guys in a much better way soon.
I'll also be doing another book giveaway! I bought two copies of one of my absolute favorite marketing books, so keep an eye out for that later this month. But until then, I wanted to give away something else....KNOWLEDGE. Because it's stuck in my head anyway and I don't know what you don't know. So tell me!
Canva: Making Your Life Easier
Last month, I told you I'd been using an app called Plann to map out my Instagram posts. I've told you about Canva before, but it's worth mentioning again. This is a practically indispensable tool for entrepreneurs. You can do virtually anything in Canva from creating a quick Instagram post to fully designing a print brochure. Seriously. Stuff that I charge a lot of money for.
So, the giveaway is a Q&A. Send me your questions about Canva or graphic design in general. What do you want to know how to do or how to do better? You can send me questions to hello [at] allagmedia.com or DM me on Instagram or Facebook @allagmedia. I'll give away tips, advice and hacks. Your questions will be answered by video in the next week or so. I haven't quite decided how yet, but I'll definitely let you know how to get the answers.
OK, on to why you're really here...
Summer "Holiday" Calendars for Farmers & Small Businesses
As a friendly reminder, you can download my social media calendar template here.
- National Grilling Month
- World Watercolor Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Picnic Month
- 7/11: National Mojito Day
- 7/12: National Simplicity Day
- 7/15: National Ice Cream Day
- 7/15: National Give Something Away Day
- 7/17: World Emoji Day
- 7/19: Get to Know Your Customers Day
- 7/21: Maryland Buy Local Challenge
- 7/28: National Dance Day
- 7/31: National Avocado Day
- Family Fun Month
- National Peach Month
- Black Business Month
- National Back to School Month
Special Week Observances
- National Simplify Your Life Week: August 1-7
- National Scrabble Week: July 31 - August 5
- National Farmers Market Week: August 7 - 13
- National Smile Week: 2nd Week of August
- National Apple Week: 2nd Week of August
- 8/1: National Girlfriends Day
- 8/2: National Coloring Book Day
- 8/3: National Watermelon Day
- 8/5: National Friendship Day
- 8/5: National Sisters Day
- 8/9: National Book Lovers Day
- 8/12: National Middle Child Day
- 8/13: National Filet Mignon Day
- 8/13: Left Handers Day
- 8/15: National Relaxation Day
- 8/16: National Tell a Joke Day
- 8/17: National Nonprofit Day
- 8/18: World Honey Bee Day
- 8/19: World Photo Day
- 8/20: National Radio Day
- 8/24: National Maryland Day
- 8/26: National Dog Day
- 8/27: National Just Because Day
Pictures and more pictures! What's happening on the farm right now? People love behind the scenes pictures -- and pictures of you off the farm too! Don't be afraid to be authentic.
Video! Videos are really great, especially in the Instagram stories. Anchored Roots Farm does an awesome job using video to share what's happening on the farm and give us a behind the scenes look at her business.
Recipes!! OK, maybe this is me just being selfish. I just hate the question, "what's for dinner." Summer is the PERFECT time to share recipes ...and not just food... share some drink recipes too (cheers to that!).
You! Please share more about yourself. Your followers want to connect with who you are, not just your brand. I also love it when people collaborate with real life people on social media. Tell us who you're working with, highlight your staff and partners/vendors, and include your customers in the mix too!
Don't Forget to Send Me Your Questions
I'm looking forward to hearing what kinds of questions you have about using Canva or designing graphics.
I know you have what it takes to design your own graphics...you know why? Because I went to school to be a gemologist and now I own a company that does graphic design and marketing.
You got this.
I'll help you.
Send me the questions and I'll put out a video with the answers.
Until next time, #beamazing